Monday 29 June 2015

Another Summer

Another summer is here and with it my "New You" resolutions.  Unlike previous posts where I discuss the inherent issues with short term gain diets, long term goal training, and everything in between, I have once again moved into the "New You".

Much like the new year it is a time of reflection, planning and production.  As a result, I have set a number of goals for myself this coming summer.

1. Eat Right - pretty foundational stuff here, but a weakness for me and a trouble area that I have no problem exploiting for whatever is yummy after a tough training day (or pretty much any tough day).

2. Train Right - consistent, daily training for the summer that is measurable and of value.

3. Recover Right - runs back into nutrition but also brings in rest, hydration and eating right (see #1). 
(Sadly, I am writing this somewhat ironically as I am not resting as I should and am instead washing a wasteland of pinnies for our PE program.)

4. Write Right - right?  Seriously though.  I need to get back to writing on here.  I have gotten my programming for the blog off the ground, some reviews but very little concrete writing on the topics that I put in my original post.  So, consistency in all things, I will write more productively and more profoundly this summer...and some reviews, programming, nutrition, etc.

5. Family First Right - family has to come first this summer.  With the top four above it may seem like a descending order of importance, but that is not the case.  The top four are all important but #5 is the kicker.  The rest don't matter if the people that I am doing this all for (myself included) are neglected as a result.  Oh, the irony!

Reviews

Books
- Bad Ass Body Diet by Christmas Abbott
- Evolution by Joe Manganiello
- Spark by Dr. Ratey
- Embrace the Suck by Stephen Madden
- David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell

Gear
- Hylete various (male and female)
- King Kong Bags
- Momentum Dive Watches by St. Moritz
- Aqua Sphere Training Goggles
- Reebok Nano Shoes
- Speed Rope Buy Skipping Ropes.com
- TRX
- GoPro Blackout
- Qalo Rings
- etc

Events/Races/Training Modalities
- Rugged Maniac
- Spartan Race
- Mud Hero
- Mud Hero Kids
- Orange Theory Fitness
- Hot Yoga
- Pound Fitness
- Olympic Lifting

No comments:

Post a Comment